Much like bicycles, skateboards are another way to get around quickly and have fun—they’re also a great way to get some exercise! But skateboards can be dangerous and you can expect at least a few scrapes and bruises. We’ve compiled a few tips to help you.
Keep these tips in mind to be safe on your board:
- Wear protective gear—a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads should be worn whenever you’re skateboarding.
- Also wear the right shoes. Your shoes should have a good grip on the bottom so they don’t slide off the board.
- Take good care of your skateboard. Just like a bike or a car, skateboards need maintenance from time to time to keep running smoothly and safely.
- Watch where you’re going. Never ride into the street, along crowded sidewalks, or anywhere where you might run into someone or something.
- It’s illegal to skateboard in many places, like on private property and certain parks. Respect the rules so you don’t get your board taken away.
Skate parks are a great place to go to practice with your skateboard. These parks are made especially for skateboards, so you don’t have to worry about damaging someone else’s property. You can also learn from other skateboarders, who may offer advice on how to become a better skater. Remember, let’s stay safe together!