Crossing the Street
When you’re out having fun, it’s very important to take precautions when crossing the street. These tips will help you cross the road safely and avoid an accident.
Keep these tips in mind when you need to cross the street:
- Stop, look, and listen for cars. Always look both ways at least twice before crossing!
- Be patient. Let all the cars pass first before you start to cross.
- Walk, don’t run, across the street.
- Cross the street at a corner or crosswalk.
- If there’s a stoplight, wait for all the cars to stop before you cross.
- Never step out into the street from behind a parked car or anything else that might keep a driver from seeing you.
Remember, sometimes drivers do not obey the traffic laws and do not stop when they are supposed to. Follow these tips and let’s stay safe together!