There are many ways to stay safe and prevent an accidental fire in your home. Even a small fire can grow very quickly, so it’s important to be very careful around anything that could start a fire.
Keep these tips in mind when it comes to fire safety:
- Never play with matches or lighters.
- Be careful around a stove, grill, heater, iron, or anything else that’s hot.
- Be careful around an open fire, like a fireplace or a campfire.
- Always ask permission to use the stove.
- If you smell smoke, notify an adult and leave the house right away.
- Call 911 in case of emergency. (You can also read tips on how to Call 911 for Emergencies!)
These tips will help prevent starting a fire accidentally and help keep you safe if a fire breaks out. And remember, let’s stay safe together!