Call 911 for Emergencies
911 is the number to call when there’s an emergency. You can call any time, day or night, and the person who answers the phone (they’re called the “dispatcher”) will help you.
Keep these tips in mind when you call 911:
- Stay calm and speak clearly.
- Answer all of the dispatcher’s questions.
- Listen carefully to their instructions.
- Stay on the phone until help arrives.
How can you tell if you have an emergency? Well, an emergency might mean…
- Someone is hurt very badly and needs an ambulance.
- There’s a fire and you need the fire department.
- There’s been a crime and you need the police.
- There’s been an accident, like a car wreck or a very bad fall.
And that’s all there is to it! Now you know what to do if there’s an emergency and you need to call 911. Remember, let’s stay safe together!