Poison Safety

Aufpassen: Baby will mit Putzmittel spielenThere are plenty of household products we use every day—like cleaning liquids, makeup, art supplies, and more—that are very dangerous if not handled with care. You should never eat or drink anything that isn’t safe to consume. A good rule of thumb to follow is that if it isn’t something your parents would serve for a meal, it’s probably unsafe to eat or drink.

Keep these tips in mind to be safe around poisons:

  • Never eat or drink anything that you are not sure is safe. Ask an adult first.
  • If you accidentally swallow something that could be unsafe, tell an adult right away. They may call 911 or the Poison Control Center to get help.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or skin if you have an unsafe chemical on your hands.

You have to be careful about what you put in your body because many everyday items found around the house can make you seriously sick. If you avoid contact with poisons, you can keep having fun with your friends. Remember, let’s stay safe together!